Friday 13 February 2009

LET'S TURN 1990's FOOTBALLERS' NAMES INTO SHOP NAMES AND DRAW THEM ON MS PAINT

Now, I'm like anyone else in that I enjoy a bit of Facebook. However, I'm quite picky over who I make chums with and even pickier over joining groups. Join too many and you're only of those overly-active Facebookers that I REALLY HATE. Anyway, I found a group that appealed to me on a number of levels:

1) Intentionally bad computer art
2) Footballing backwaters
3) Ironic humour

The name of the group is 'LET'S TURN 1990's FOOTBALLERS' NAMES INTO SHOP NAMES AND DRAW THEM ON MS PAINT' and you can find it here. I also like the self-explanatory name of the group and the needless block capitals. Still, the main focus of the group is the actual art itself, so here are my favourites:

FEELY PAL BEAR (Philippe Albert)



Sublime pun. Sublime grasp of the rudiments of MS Paint.

TORY AND DRE FLOW (Tore Andre Flo)



More top-notch punnery. Extra marks for utterly obtuse referencing.

Also, a friend pointed this one out. Not my favourite, but maybe you like it more:



Obviously, I had to have a go myself, being a champion of the word and all, so lap it up, kittens:

PULL PESKY SOLE LIDO (Paul Peschisolido)



INDIGO RAMS (Andy Goram)



As you can imagine, my inspiration for these works is the late, great Tony Hart. Tony, I don't know if you can read blogs but without you, this would never have happened. Thank you.

No comments: